What are the current trends and future prospects for renewable energy technologies?

What are the current trends and future prospects for renewable energy technologies?

Parents
  • Ive seen talks about distributed Vehicle charging and tying it into Renewables to maximise the green energy consumption. 

• Offline in reply to A-R

So EVs are supposed to function as intermediate storage? In normal times that's probably a good idea, at least as long as the EV batteries enable enough charging cycles. However that concept is destined to crash and burn as soon as the first dark wind lull prevents people from using their cars.

• I have to agree with  and that is why I can't really not understand why we do not use hybrids instead of pure electric cars. 

That would mitigate so many unforeseen challenges like high electric costs and really bad winters. 

• I believe one of the reasons why is because Hybrids are more costly to maintain and repair. Can I name specifically why? No, but I'd assume the overarching mesh of both gas and electric independently while getting them to work together properly has something to do with it.

• Still waiting for the Hydro Car, but that will not be good for the Oil and Gas industry.

I think your right, production cost, maintenance and TAXES are the big factors why we do not pick as freely as I like to, 

• Yes, considering that Mercedes rounded the world with a Hydrogen B-class already 12 years ago, Hydrogen cars should be somehow established. 
    On the other side with the surging electricity prices in the EU, thanks to so called renewable energies, Hydrogen is just not competitve.

• The Electricity prices surge was less then 5 month, now it is back to normal levels here on the mainland. Naturally I do not know how the price level is in the UK. 

Yes, Hydro Cars should be a real thing by now and not just something first movers are tinkering with in their garage.. 

• The Electricity prices surge was less then 5 month, now it is back to normal levels here on the mainland. Naturally I do not know how the price level is in the UK. 

Yes, Hydro Cars should be a real thing by now and not just something first movers are tinkering with in their garage.. 

Children
  • I wouldn't call the price level in Denmark normal. 

But of course with Atomic Energy being banned, the attempt to faze out coal and the topography of Denmark, it's difficult to get a proper price level. A few mountains like in Norway would help. Wink

• I wouldn't call the price level in Denmark normal.

Please elaborate on that please. 

• That's what I mean.

• Everything in Denmark has indirect (tax) payment, but we also have a very high (and higher then most other countries) level of welfare. we have more then 10 minutes when talking to a Doctor and it gives you a really nice feeling of social coherency, and it is also why I plan to sell my cure to the Government and a bit to shame the Government and the Doctors, because why is it a patient that has to do their work. 

• Of course a high level of welfare is a nice thing, but there are so many possibilities to tax, that I don't think that energy, which is mandatory for everything, should be taxed like this, because it drives just all prices up.

• It is good when it is an Efficient welfare system (hint  hint at the Danish one) just waiting until I get done with them.

Yes and please do not look into how we tax cars and car registration Slight smile (You have been warned)

• Oh god, I just did. See no evil

But at least you have Legoland. Slight smile

• Legoland and LEGO is a private business and nothing to do with taxes at all. 

They do make some great toys and Models.