Where do you see yourself five years from now?

None of us can predict the future but we can sort of forecast our path based on our current ambitions and sets of skills. I understand this is a rather blunt question and there is a lot of room for error; however, I am genuinely curious to see where you see yourself five years from now. Try to be honest with yourself and spice up your answer a tad bit so that there is room for discussion. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have! Looking forward to your answers.

• Hopefully, in 5 years I'll have enough money to stop working for others and start working for myself in my own business.

• Kids go off of feelings. Adults go off what they were taught. Elders go off what they know. Yet, A wise person will take 3 then make a decision. Sleep on it though. Wisdom will come in a dream. Wisdom is knowing the future and the things that never change. 

•  

None of us can predict the future

I can predict the future.  Not all of it.  But, some.

In 5 years, I am certain of this... I will regret the mistakes I've made between now and then.  It's more of a "5-year expectation" than a "5-year plan".

Is that honest and spicy enough? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I absolutely love this. I am hoping the same Slight smile any thoughts on why type of business you would like to start?

• You will be where you set your mind to be. As Twain said: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do." I see this quote every day and learn from it.

• Future is unpredictable now more than ever, but, for a wishful thinking, have enough money to start building towards an early retirement, and have my library set up and read, that's it.

• "Elders go off what they know." Great way to put it. Some do have older souls though when can help in many circumstances. I think you bring up a good point is often underestimated when it comes to focusing on future building, which is "wisdom", and it cannot be attained by reading books but living life and learning from experiences Slight smile

•  

As Twain said: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do."

As Morrison said, "No eternal reward will forgive us now—For wasting the dawn." :-)

•  FINE! I'll do it! I just have to screw around on the internet and waste the next 12 hours first. 

My family crest

I am starting to think spending all day looking for pictures like this that reinforce my world view and generally unproductive habits might be the problem.

This may be why nothing ever gets done, no progress toward my goals ever.

and for the topic, I never thought that far ahead, no specific timed goals or a life plan. Maybe that's another problem.

Back to the meme mines. 18 hours and what do you get? Another day older and deeper in debt.

• When you say have your library set up, do you mean a library in your house? or do you mean starting a business which involves building a public library?

And yes, predicting anything is impossible but being able to get close to forecasting certain circumstance based on current values is a plausible thing to do.