Staying productive?

How do you find/manage to keep yourself productive when it comes to working on projects, getting things done, etc? This can be for anything such as your job (work), school, or even multiple tasks around the house or out and about things that you need to get done.

This is something that I always find hard and difficult to do and personally really need to improve on.

Parents
  • So I just watched a youtube by a professional animator that you cannot rely on motivation alone. It is that feeling you get to go do a thing, but, definitely for us artists and extremely for ADHD artists, that feeling is fickle. It comes and goes with the wind and you cannot rely soley on it. That's where procrastination comes in; "ah I don't feel motivated I'll just do it later." It's utilyzing that dopamine hit to get you going, but you don't always want it. So you go nowhere. After reading a ton of books since my knee surgery right b4 the pandemic and all that time off I found that DESIRE is the number thing to keep you going("How to Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill). Not the desire to DO it neccessarily but the end goal, the desire to have that finished product, to get that job. Well it has to have some kind of deadline else you could procrastinate it till after you die. Because it must have a deadline then you cannot rely on your motivation because that is not "everyday till its done". You have to have that end goal ever present in your mind hanging infront of you like that carrot. You must always ask if what you are currently doing... or not doing is helping you get closer to that finish line. If it's not, say video games, tv etc. than you cannot do that you must get back on track even if you don't want to. Remember keep that goal ever present. If that goal doesnt have that much a hold on you, if you don't have that FIREY PASSION to get to it then you need to ask yourself WHY? In Simon Sinek's book "Start With Why" and his successor "Find Your Why" he discusses that there is an underlining reason WHY we do EVERYTHING in our life. Your personal life as well as your career must run inline with your own personal why(why you get up every day and want to exist)! Even your projects must fall inline with your why. When you find it then live you WHY every day in EVERYTHING you INCLUDING projects then its easy to keep it everypresent in you mind and be passionate about completing the thing. THEN you can on those days you don't feel motivated to force yourself to do just a little that day to get closer to your goal. As long as you do SOMETHING, inch along if you have to, but just something and it all aligns with your WHY, even just 5 minutes, you'll find that doing it will actually motivate you to do a lil more and you'll get excited again. Remember its all in our minds and how we perceive ourselves.

• So I just watched a youtube by a professional animator that you cannot rely on motivation alone. It is that feeling you get to go do a thing, but, definitely for us artists and extremely for ADHD artists, that feeling is fickle. It comes and goes with the wind and you cannot rely soley on it. That's where procrastination comes in; "ah I don't feel motivated I'll just do it later." It's utilyzing that dopamine hit to get you going, but you don't always want it. So you go nowhere. After reading a ton of books since my knee surgery right b4 the pandemic and all that time off I found that DESIRE is the number thing to keep you going("How to Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill). Not the desire to DO it neccessarily but the end goal, the desire to have that finished product, to get that job. Well it has to have some kind of deadline else you could procrastinate it till after you die. Because it must have a deadline then you cannot rely on your motivation because that is not "everyday till its done". You have to have that end goal ever present in your mind hanging infront of you like that carrot. You must always ask if what you are currently doing... or not doing is helping you get closer to that finish line. If it's not, say video games, tv etc. than you cannot do that you must get back on track even if you don't want to. Remember keep that goal ever present. If that goal doesnt have that much a hold on you, if you don't have that FIREY PASSION to get to it then you need to ask yourself WHY? In Simon Sinek's book "Start With Why" and his successor "Find Your Why" he discusses that there is an underlining reason WHY we do EVERYTHING in our life. Your personal life as well as your career must run inline with your own personal why(why you get up every day and want to exist)! Even your projects must fall inline with your why. When you find it then live you WHY every day in EVERYTHING you INCLUDING projects then its easy to keep it everypresent in you mind and be passionate about completing the thing. THEN you can on those days you don't feel motivated to force yourself to do just a little that day to get closer to your goal. As long as you do SOMETHING, inch along if you have to, but just something and it all aligns with your WHY, even just 5 minutes, you'll find that doing it will actually motivate you to do a lil more and you'll get excited again. Remember its all in our minds and how we perceive ourselves.

Children
No Data