Working After Retirement

Hi,

I am looking for a little advice. I am a newly-retired educator. I was offered a part-time position in my field. I would be consulting and also working as a "sub" for staff on vacation or out on leave. I am very well-qualified (some would say over-qualified) to work in this position. It would be about a 30% pay cut from my final earning wage.

I am torn about taking it.

I will not be offered this opportunity again (there are others vying for the position).

But I'm enjoying sleeping late right now, and relaxing most days after years of early days and late nights, grinding all day. 

I enjoy a nice retirement package, but honestly it might not cover all the "extras" I want to do now that I'm retired (like travel, socialize, etc.)

Just looking for some input on whether I should take this opportunity. Thank you.

Cathy C

Parents
  • I am not sure about the specifics of the work contract or very experienced in Retirment, so take anything I say with a grain of salt, but if you are interested could you try it out and if you don't like it could you put in your 2 weeks? 

Also, possibly if you would like to have some money on the side could you also look for other part time work on the side that might fit your desired lifestyle better? 

• I am not sure about the specifics of the work contract or very experienced in Retirment, so take anything I say with a grain of salt, but if you are interested could you try it out and if you don't like it could you put in your 2 weeks? 

Also, possibly if you would like to have some money on the side could you also look for other part time work on the side that might fit your desired lifestyle better? 

Children
No Data