Should teachers be multilingual?

Should teachers be multilingual? Are you a classroom teacher (brick and mortar)  or an online teacher that feels the need to learn another language so that the students will listen? I am interested!

• I don't think it's a necessity but it would help make education more accessible. But I do think multilingual teachers should be paid for that skill.

• I agree.

• It is not a must but it will help with bonding if a teacher speaks the formal language and another language of the student's background

• shouldn't be a must .but I do think we are in a time were this generation should be taught other lunges in school as intensive at other countries 

• No, but I'm there will be a lawsuit at some point and then it be required to have something.

• AS THE QUESTION IS WRITTEN, NO SINCE THAT WOULD MEAN THAT BEING MULITLINGUAL IS A JOB REQUIREMENT.  I KNOW MANY TEACHERS WHO SPEAK ANOTHER LANGUAGE, NOT BECAUSE OF THEIR JOB BUT BECAUSE THEY GREW UP SPEAKING IN A MULTILINGUAL HOUSEHOLD.

• Depends on the location - in places with more immigrants, this would be a great skill to have. That being said, teachers already have enough on their plate, so I hesitate to say "should".

• While a nice plus it need not be required. In classrooms where a large percentage of students speak a specific separate language it would be more worthwhile.

• It's a nice touch, but not a necessity. That said, all schools should be multilingual, so we can have better connected people.

• Don't think it would work. Basically,  what it would boil down to is having to go over everything for every single language. Nothing would ever actually get taught