EDUCATION FOR HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS

CAN YOU THINK OF ANYTHING THAT ISN'T CURRENTLY TAUGHT TO A HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR THAT IN YOUR OPINION SHOULD BE IN ORDER FOR THAT STUDENT TO BE PREPARED FOR LIFE AFTER SCHOOL?

• I would love to see more students exposed to the trades.  Seems like we push college too much and the trades are looked at as second class.  It seems as if we encourage all students to go to college, when many could be better off with on the job training, such as apprenticeships and similar.  Then they wouldn't be in as much debt as many students are after college.

• I think Financial Literacy such as investing and credit would benefit students.

• LOL! The entire curriculum is trash. Personal Finance, Basic Mechanical Skills, Home Economics, Investing and Banking Skills plus a HOST of other things need to be added. We have created an entire generation of HELPLESS young adults. It's frankly embarrassing for the education system.

• Personal finances and taxes.

• I think efforts to reintegrate home economics should be explored because it was for me the transition from learning to application which should be done during the last year, as seniors transition into freshmen in college. Seems like the loss of economics was the cause of the disconnection of where would the education acquired over the years be applied.

• Money management (e.g. personal finances, investing, retirment, tax planning, family & child financial planning, mortgage/renting, etc). Civics too. Life skills -- e.g. living on one's own (whether college or working after HS), basic maintenance for home/auto, cooking, cleaning, etc.

• I'd second all the money management & personal finance suggestions. They're vital & the source of much anxiety in life. 

Some kind of education/development about personal relationships would be wonderful. For example, dating & marriage readiness. Communicaiton skills & personal boundaries. Intimacy & fidelity, etc. 

• Basic Car Repair skills:  Oil change, spark plugs, tire rotation, tire change.    Basic Home Repairs,  plumbing, electrical, etc...

• I think cooking should be tough in schools again

• Schedule making and keeping