Body Doubling

"Body doubling or parallel working is strategy used to initiate and complete tasks, such as household chores or writing and other computer tasks. It involves the physical presence of someone, virtual presence through a phone call, videotelephony or social media, with whom one shares their goals, which makes it more likely to achieve them." -  Wikipedia

Body doubling is why people often want to type and work in public. It is often associated with ADHD.

Do you do this? Does it help? Do you want me and others to gently pressure you to finish that project you have been saying you want to do for years? An encouraging nudge. A pseudo deadline to hold yourself more accountable so you don't disappoint yourself anymore?

I'm here waiting for you.

Parents
  • To be honest, I am a lone wolf on those matters. I prefer to study and do my mind work alone. Preferably in a nature environment, but alone. I do create my own deadlines to keep myself accountable though. And I create goals to force myself to finish something before I stop. 

• To be honest, I am a lone wolf on those matters. I prefer to study and do my mind work alone. Preferably in a nature environment, but alone. I do create my own deadlines to keep myself accountable though. And I create goals to force myself to finish something before I stop. 

Children
No Data