Studying With or Without Music?

Which do you feel helps you retain what you study the best?

• It weirdly depends on how I'm feeling. Sometimes, I can't have any words in songs. Otherwise, my attention is wholly ruined. Other times I can put on whatever and it doesn't impact my productivity. I have a hard time with hearing background noises so I almost always have something playing. 

• I prefer no music or at least just instrumental music without any lyrics. I often find songs with lyrics distracting when studying.

• Generally no music helps me get things done.

Although to truly remember something I use a Playlist of my fav genre of music or play one song on repeat.

Specifically one that is catchy, makes it easier to read through lots of information and retain key parts.

• I prefer no music or at least just instrumental music without any lyrics. I often find songs with lyrics distracting when studying.

• I'd say if you need to do something not requiring mental engagement, then music is welcome. As a work art, music requires involvement and unless you can do two things simultaneously with equal immersion, music will be a distraction.

• If I study, I will need it to almost silent. Sounds of nature are perfect, just not noise.

• I need silence or I get too into the music and my mind wanders.