Device types - Yoga 9i or 7i 14"?

Hey all,

I recently ordered a Yoga 9i 14" to use for online teaching for UOPX (very portable and convenient when on the move) and to help with content creation with my Nikon D7100 DSLR photography hobby.

What types of devices do others have and what are you using them for? I'm curious if other folks have Yoga 7i or 9i and what their experience has been with them.

Thanks,
Troy

• Have a 9i.  Great laptop.  Very good sound from the speakers,  Fast enough for most things I need to do.

• Have a friend with a 9i. She loves it, state of the art and great sound. Aspire to it!

• I HAVE A FRIEND WHO'S A NATURE LOVER. HE HAS  THE YOGI AND LOVES TO USE IT ON THE GO.  HE USES THE CAMERA TO TAKE PHOTOS AT A NATURE RESERVE THAT HE LIKES TO SPEND TIME AT.

• I have both a Yoga 7i and a Yoga 9i and I love them both. They're great for traveling since they're so lightweight.

• A friend of mine has a Yoga 7i and they love it. I'm thinking about getting a Lenovo Legion soon. 

• The 9 sounds perfect for me, bigger screen more power when on the go!

• I don't have either. I would love to get one of them, though.

• While I'm sure the Yoga 9i 14" is powerful enough for photography and photo editing, I would expect a discrete GPU at that price point. Don't get me wrong- it looks like its screen is 4k or nearly so and the flip and stylus touch features would be beneficial. I don't know the integrated graphics performance of 7i or 9i, but even 13th or 14th gen Intel desktop iGPUs are only about between an Nvidia GT 1030 and GTX 1050 in performance. The Yoga 7i and 9i are probably outside of my price range anyway. My ideal laptop would probably be within the $650 range with an Nvidia RTX 3050 or better. But, I think that ultra-portability and long battery life matter in your profession, so the Yoga 7i and 9i would likely fulfill these requirements.

• I use the Lenovo Legion personally because I also game with my laptop! The 5i is wonderful!

• Agree with you. Both are solid machines.