The classic "Open Tabs" problem: Are you going through the feeling of "Tab Bankruptcy" or are emotionally attached to them?

I am sure I am not the only one in this boat of keeping over 100 tabs open in my Chrome and Edge browser, even though I have it all bookmarked.

Majority of us keep tabs open thinking that we might need or want that information at some point and when needed we don't have to go to the bookmarks folder and find it. 

There is a term called "tab bankruptcy" that we might be claiming phytologically, and it could be we are emotionally attached to them. It also effects the computing power we have and might slow the PC down significantly. 

There are options to save resources by keeping the sleeping tabs option on, which saves memory. 

How do you keep up with this issue? What ways have you found to be effective? Are you emotionally detached with your tabs?

• Think I had an extension that powers down tabs not being used.  Google Chrome...  But Chrome runs better without the app.

• I have many tabs open in Chrome and saved in my session so that when I reopen Chrome they open along with it. This has been increasingly a challenge for the past seven years. I use Tab Suspender to sleep all of the tabs that I'm not using, but I don't know if it's necessary now that Chrome has a sleeping tab feature. Also, it might use more memory than it used to keep tabs suspended. There has been twice in the past six years that this extension somehow failed, and I lost all of my sleeping tabs which was a catastrophe. The few times that it has happened since I can go to history and reopen the recently closed tabs which saves them from oblivion. I keep thinking that I'll watch that YouTube video or read an article that I have in a suspended tab eventually, but I rarely do because sometimes I'm not in the mood for that content even though it is something that I would find interesting, informative, or entertaining. It's gotten so bad lately that I have to open a new Chrome window for temporary tabs because I have so many open in the main window that it stopped showing tabs (so I can't see them since they are "off the screen"). I have to make sure to close this "temporary" window first before my main window with 100+ tabs or else I have to use that trick mentioned earlier where I have to go to history to reopen my recently closed tabs. (This is because if my "main" Chrome window gets closed first, then it thinks that my "temporary" window is now the saved session). I have bookmarked some YouTube video tabs in a "Watch Later" folder so that I can close their tab, but then I eventually open more than I bookmarked in their place. I don't even have all of my tabs bookmarked, so if something did happen to them, it would be another catastrophe. The reason that I call it a "catastrophe" is because such an event is the digital equivalent of completely losing your train of thought without little chance of regaining it. The struggle is real. I don't know if Chromium developers can make a new feature to Chrome to help people manage their tab overload.

• OMG, this is totally me!  Drives my husband crazy when he sees it.  I do the same thing in FF, as I use both.  I didn't know there was an option besides bookmarking them, which of course I don't do. I just keep them all open and deal with it!  I could probably use some help in figuring out what else I can do!

• I usually start by deleting the oldest tabs and work my way up.

• Grouping tabs or as an alternative use windows to organize tabs

• I do this and every so often I have to go back and clear out some of them. I usually leave them open as a sort of reminder but it's probably better to just write it down somewhere.

• I definitely have this issue. Part of it has to do with getting distracted and having to move to another task. It may be more organized to file something away. But with tabs, it is so easy to keep it open. I have been having to restart my computer every 2 to 3 hours to keep my computer from bogging down. I would interested to hear anybody else's solution.

• I def suffer from this as I always have a ton of tabs open.i really need to cut back on doing this 

• I HAVEN'T RUN INTO THIS ISSUE.  NOT EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO THEM.  ALTHOUGHT THERE ARE DIFFERENT WEBSITES THAT I SAVE ONLY BECAUSE OF A SPECIFIC WEBPAGE ON THAT WEBSITE.

SO I BOOKMARK THAT SPECIFIC WEBPAGE WITH A NOTE ABOUT WHY IT IS BEING SAVED.  THIS WAY, WHEN I WANT TO  USE IT, I CAN RETRIEVE IT VIA A KEYWORD SEARCH.

• Over a hundred open tabs? Seriously? Just close your dang browser after each session. Fixes the entire problem for you. Also DO NOT USE CHROME! It's a resources hog and a spy program. Choose Brave or Firefox at least.