Best programming languages to learn

I'm newish to programming. I know web development, some VB, but want to learn how to make applications, especially games. I've also started getting into robotics and AI. What's the best languages for me to learn, especially for a career in technology? 

Parents
  • Before jumping into a programming language, I would suggest a programming logic course. Harvard CS101 is free online, so that's a good start. 

Meanwhile, download Game Maker and start experimenting with it. It's not the best game engine, but will allow you to start developing things fast. 

Then you should download Unity Game Engine and really start getting serious with it, because most companies use it. 

At the end of the day, the language itself will depend on the company. I know Java and C++ are commonly used for gaming, but there are too many options. 

And if you want to develop mobile games, then you will have Android and iOS languages to learn. 

Wish you good luck and good studies!

• Before jumping into a programming language, I would suggest a programming logic course. Harvard CS101 is free online, so that's a good start. 

Meanwhile, download Game Maker and start experimenting with it. It's not the best game engine, but will allow you to start developing things fast. 

Then you should download Unity Game Engine and really start getting serious with it, because most companies use it. 

At the end of the day, the language itself will depend on the company. I know Java and C++ are commonly used for gaming, but there are too many options. 

And if you want to develop mobile games, then you will have Android and iOS languages to learn. 

Wish you good luck and good studies!

Children
No Data