Desktop vs laptop for college

I have recently come to realize how fortunate I was to get a laptop instead of a desktop for college. Its portability came in useful quite a few times in the last years, where I had to take it with me to work on projects "in field", its battery helped me not to lose my work during power flickers/outages, the webcam and microphone came in very handy for the distance learning that we have been doing lately, etc. I would have a tougher time if I went with a desktop system. Just to get to some parity with what a laptop offers out of the box, I would need to additionally purchase a monitor, a keyboard, a UPS, a webcam and perhaps some other thing that I might be missing right now (wi-fi card?), and that's on top of the high price of a desktop, when it's all built into laptop's price.

So yeah, if you are wondering which one you should go with, I definitely recommend a laptop for college.

Parents
  • I personally like a laptop so that I can take it to classes for note taking. The newer laptops let you take notes with a stylus right on the screen so it's very convenient. When you are studying for mid-terms or finals at the library, you are going to wish you had your laptop!

• I personally like a laptop so that I can take it to classes for note taking. The newer laptops let you take notes with a stylus right on the screen so it's very convenient. When you are studying for mid-terms or finals at the library, you are going to wish you had your laptop!

Children
No Data